Over the years I have had a lot of people ask me if I have plans to start teaching classes or if I will start hosting wine and paint nights. I have always loved the idea of doing both, since I homeschool the kids I'm sure it's not surprising that I like teaching, and since I am a mom of 4 I'm sure it's no surprise that I love wine. What a great way for me to put these things together right? I have finally come up with a few lessons and began my journey into art teaching.
Recently I taught my first adult canvas painting class at Splash Martini Bar in Oconomowoc Wisconsin. It was a fantastic experience and I can't wait for my next class. Here are a few pictures to show my set up, design, and the final products of my students. Although everyone was given the same instruction it is amazing how different the paintings turn out.
Prior to my canvas class I taught some fantastic women how to distress and paint on wood.
I also taught a group of 7 girls how to paint a unicorn. For this class I had the design all drawn out on the canvas and taught the girls simple blending and outlining techniques.
I am still coming up with different designs and will post them as I have them however, I am booking classes and anyone interested in hosting their own class can contact me.
These group classes are great for:
- ladies night
- team building
- bachelorette parties
- kids parties
- homeschool art lessons
- paint and wine night
- paint and tea afternoon
- bible groups
- any other reason to get together with a group and so something productive
Here are some of the details for booking your own class:
- I come to you and provide all art supplies including but not limited to paints, prepared canvas or wood, brushes and/or any other tools needed, tablecloths, and easels
- I do not provide food or wine
- I take care of all set up and clean up
- All canvas designs are drawn on the canvas ahead of time for all kids classes and most adult canvas classes
- Kids canvas size is 11x14
- Adult canvas size is 12x16
- Distressed wood size vary
- Adult canvas classes cost $30 per person
- Children classes cost $25 per child with no charge for the host child (limit 1)
- Distressed wood classes prices vary
- Classes take about 2 hours of painting time plus time for set up and clean up
- After date and design are agreed upon you will get a link for payment online
- All classes must be paid in full prior to class date unless otherwise discussed
- No class limit