Monday, January 16, 2017

Updates From the Studio: Making Changes





We are preparing for a new baby to arrive this March, and we are blessed to say this will be baby number 4 for us! To get ready I have been busy moving my studio from the dark basement, upstairs to a little corner in our dining area. I will continue to keep much of my inventory and supplies downstairs but my most used, most loved and most treasured supplies will be upstairs for easy access. Although I did enjoy having my supplies in one area where I could make a mess and it was out of sight, it is not exactly practical around here. With kids and animals to look after I need to be in a place where I can keep an eye on the chaos.

One thing I have learned about working from home with kids is that it is very important to be flexible if you want to accomplish anything. So I will try this new setup out for now and see how it goes. With the schedules of a  newborn, a toddler and two kids in school I think I am making a good choice for my sanity if I want to keep working on my art...which I do.

Eventually I will move my studio out of the house, but while it is here it needs to be where I can realistically get to it. I tried to blend it in with the décor the best I could, but I believe my house is for living not for showing. If it doesn't exactly look just right I will just have to happily live with it.

Here is a few of the newer things I have been working on since my move. The work shown can be seen in my Etsy shop here.




2 comments:

  1. A baby, how exciting for your family!
    I really like the style of your art work, glad to see you will keep at it :)

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the kind words Diana! Yep were pretty excited!!!

    ReplyDelete